Congratulations are in order for the United States of America for managing to be #1 in all the areas that count. The rest of the world could only dream of reaching such levels of accomplishment. The United States is:
- The world’s #1 weapons exporter, exporting mechanisms of death to nearly 100 countries in only 5 years.
- The world’s #1 possessor of weapons of mass destruction, among them a mind-boggling 6,200 nuclear warheads.
- The world’s #1 spender when it comes to its military budget, with a true cost of $1 trillion a year and counting. That’s almost as much as the rest of the world spends on defense combined.
- The world’s #1 location for mass shootings, with nearly 1/3 of all mass shooting massacres occurring in the United States.
- The U.S. is #1 when it comes to caging human beings behind bars, with its incarcerated population dwarfing the rest of the world’s. Despite having just 5% of the earth’s population, it holds an astonishing 25% of the earth’s incarcerated population.
- And now, with the government’s complete and utter failure to respond to the coronavirus pandemic it was warned about as early as January 3rd, the US has more COVID-19 cases than anywhere else in the world. As of this writing (April 2), a staggering 201,312 of the world’s 694,343 active cases are in the U.S.A. But don’t worry. U.S. “Intelligence” agencies (the same people who brought you that story about WMD in Iraq) are coming up with creative new ways to blame the Chinese government for America’s unenviable predicament.
America truly is the exceptional nation.
Hope this pandemic should end as soon as possible.
Thank you for this very interesting and I must say surprising post! I recently published an article on my blog about America’s failure, particularly President Trump, in dealing with coronavirus. If you have time, it would be great if you could check out my post and let me know your thoughts! Thanks 🙂
I most definitely will. Thank you for taking the time to read!
Did you see that Trump is now popular for his approval response? The pay off should help as well with his re-election fodder….and I believe we are #1 in gun deaths and mass shootings Good post….chuq
How could I forget mass shootings? I might have to make an update. Indeed, Trump seems to be cruising towards reelection, though November is still a ways away.
These checks will buy a lot more support…just like GW did back in 2001…..chuq
Americans are cheap I suppose 😅
And have short memories….how else could we keep electing centrists that do nothing? chuq
I think electoral politics have failed us so many times that a lot of people have given up on it.
I agree and as long as we keep electing carbon copy candidates it can get no better chuq
Thank you so much !
Reblogged this on It Is What It Is and commented:
UNITED STATES of AMERICA: claims it’s always #1 … take a look!! CONGRATS!
“Congratulations are in order for the United States of America for managing to be #1 in all the areas that count. The rest of the world could only dream of reaching such levels of accomplishment.”
Thank you so much Dr. Rex.
You are so very welcome! Excellent post … Peace! ❤ …
I can only hope that some ‘good’ comes from this in that people will finally wake up and realize that smartphones and personal assistants and smarthomes don’t matter. What matters is that we come up out of our apathy and complacency and realize that what has been going down is not for our benefit, but has been for the benefit of oligarchs. With a massive bailout in the trillions, the working poor will only receive $1,200 while billions will be thrown at corporations and that means that nothing has changed since corporations aka Wall Street was bailed out in 2008 -2009 to the tune of billions.
Meanwhile, people are trying to find ways to pay their rent or are instigating rent strikes. That needs to continue because rents have skyrocketed and the same apartment that rented for $350 10 years ago does not need to be rented out for $1,300 today. But that’s what’s happening even as incomes remain stagnant. There is no way that people can pay only 30% of their income on rent when rents have skyrocketed and yet incomes have not kept pace with rent increases. Not to mention that the other basics have increased exponentially as well.
We need to take this time of crisis and turn it to our benefit. If not now, when?
Great blog! Thanks!
I couldn’t have said it better myself Shelby. If this doesn’t wake people up to get organized then I don’t know what will. The government obviously sees us as rather cheap as well, trying to buy us off with a measly $1,200 when we are very likely heading into a Great Depression.
I do believe we are headed there if we’re not already there, especially with so many people out of a job and begging landlords to hold off on evicting them. This is no time to add to the homeless population, as big as that is. I don’t believe anyone will get a handle on this no time soon because too many people are too poor. If only these assholes had understood that poverty situations make for pandemics to grow, not cease. But our shit for brains politicians are just too greedy for words and in the pockets of big corporations and now look where we are, no. 1 in coronavirus cases.
Thanks again, Caleb
To make matters worse people aren’t even able to access the unemployment website or phone lines because they are overloaded. Capitalism is a disease and it’s killing us.
Reblogged this on Piazza della Carina.
Thank you for sharing!
Thank you 🙏
Welcome, thank you 😊